Founded in 1969, The Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE) is the professional association for administrators in Colorado K-12 education with a staff of ten, and approximately 2,300 members. The mission of CASE is to serve as the dynamic voice for education leadership in all Colorado public schools, and it is organized around three pillars of service: professional learning, legislative and advocacy services, and communications and networking.
Traditionally CASE has offered place-based workshops, seminars, and conferences, as well as online recordings of its place-based education, archived Webinars, and 39 self-paced eLearning courses through a partnership with a third party. Being the trusted leader in professional development for school administrators, CASE hoped to leverage a Learning Management System (LMS) to make its offerings more affordable and more accessible by limiting or removing travel and by providing more convenient options for the busy professionals it serves.
CASE sought a platform which would facilitate access to and delivery of:
• self-paced eLearning,
• extended and facilitated online courses,
• online study groups,
• recorded convention and conference sessions,
• live and recorded Webinars,
• blended courses that combine place-based activities with online activities, and
• place-based seminars, which would ideally be presented alongside online and blended offerings.
Additionally, CASE sought a solution that included a built-in rapid content authoring tool for authoring self-paced and facilitated course content. CASE’s new LMS would also need to integrate with their Association Management System (AMS), YourMembership.com.
Together with independent association eLearning consultants Jeff Cobb and Celisa Steele of Tagoras, whom CASE hired to aid in their search, the association chose Digitec Interactive and their Knowledge Direct® Learning Management System. Knowledge Direct includes a simple to use, built-in content authoring tool, which non-technical staff utilize to create self-paced eLearning modules. Once authored, modules can be enhanced with interactive game-based activities, YouTube videos, interactive worksheets, and assessments.
Learners can register for, purchase, and attend live and recorded Webinars, and instantly receive a print ready Certificate of Completion. Live place-based events are also handled through the LMS, with the ability to create multi-day events, enable attendee registration and award credits. Through integration with the Yourmembership.com association management system, member demographic information is passed from the member database to the LMS, enabling single sign-on and instantly writing back course completion dates, final score, and continuing education (CE) credit achievements.
Since implementing the LMS in 2013, CASE has worked with instructors to convert the seminars offered in their week-long, place-based boot camp to extended and facilitated online courses, available within the LMS. As a result, CASE has achieved their goals of increasing learning effectiveness, and enhancing the efficacy of place-based events with pre- and post- activities.
By utilizing Digitec’s Knowledge Direct LMS, CASE is able to:
• Make its offerings more affordable and more accessible by eliminating travel and by providing convenient 24/7 access to their members.
• Exceed the requirements of the Colorado State Legislature by equipping its members with online access to quality courseware focused on the Colorado Principal Quality Standards and the Colorado Model Evaluation System.
• Offer a new certification program for school financial officers.
• Create future courses quickly and easily by using Knowledge Direct’s built-in rapid content authoring tool.
• Facilitate collaborative interaction between students and instructors.
• Provide learners dynamically generated eTranscripts for tracking their progress.Add to Favorites