The Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) is recognized as a leader in the emergency nursing professions. The more than 36,000 members worldwide rely on ENA for education, social networking, providing resources, and access to research.
As an accredited provider of continuing nursing education, many of ENA’s members as well as non-members rely on the association for fulfillment of their continuing education unit (CEU) requirements. ENA’s educational offerings consist of live and recorded webinars, online manuals and online courses.
ENA sought to develop a single, unified learning management system (LMS) to provide both members and non-members with more educational value and a variety of continuing education products.
ENA’s goal was to provide one location where learners could benefit from a variety of content, including webinars, self-paced courses, CEN practice exams, and a social learning environment for sharing knowledge and experiences.
In seeking an LMS provider, ENA placed importance on the prospective company’s experience in integrating its LMS with NetFORUM, ENA’s association management system (AMS). Additionally, ENA preferred to partner with a full service vendor who could also provide instructional design and support services.
Digitec’s Knowledge Direct® Med platform proved to be the perfect learning management system to support ENA’s continuing nursing education (CNE) programs. The portal was designed as an integrated one-stop learning solution, connecting ENA’s social network, certification/credit monitoring applications, AMS, eCommerce shopping cart and website. In addition to single sign-on and secure data passage between systems, the AMS eCommerce integration enables member/non-member pricing, bulk course sales and time sensitive content.
Question bank exams randomize assessment questions from a course specific pool of questions created by ENA’s LMS administrator. Additional features within Knowledge Direct’s assessment engine include timed assessments, bookmarking and learner authentication through a series of security questions.
The document upload feature tied to discussion forums within the platform enable administrators, instructors and learners to upload Microsoft Office® documents and web-friendly files to any threaded discussion.
By utilizing Digitec’s Knowledge Direct® Med, ENA is able to:
• Provide its members with a single, unified repository for continuing nursing education.
• Administer robust assessments with attention to security and compliance requirements.
• Track learner activity including course status, test scores and CEUs.
• Offer various types of education resources to learners, including self-paced, Live Events, podcasts, instructor-led and social media engagement.
• Provide member/non-member pricing options and discounts.
• Store and make online manuals and related course materials available to learners within the platform.
• Allow learners and instructors to securely share documents and files.Add to Favorites