Learning Management Systems (LMS) manage student records, distribute courses to students, and provide features for online collaboration and communication.
A well-designed Learning Management System (LMS) provides hands-free administration with features such as these:
• Student self-service features that allow self-registration
• Course purchasing
• Automated notifications
• Online assessment (test) creation
• Continuing education (CE) tracking
• Collaborative learning—application sharing, discussion threads, etc.
• Online resource library
A Medical Learning Management System (LMS), much like general learning management systems, manages learner records, distributes courses and provides for social learning.
Organizations use medical learning management systems (LMSs) such as the Knowledge Direct® MED LMS for continuing medical education (CME), maintenance of certification (MOC), self evaluation programs (SEP), and training.
Through the use of a medical learning management system, organizations are able to:
• Create online content
• Register, track, test and report on learners
• Issue completion certificates
• Maintain reports and education records